We are looking for a dynamic marketing and communications professional to join team SASSO’s lovely bunch of creative thinkers as Social Media Specialist. The ideal person for this position is adept at social media strategy, planning, and creative development as well as social media performance analysis and community engagement.
You will be responsible for crafting and implementing a social media strategy for our brand and the brands of our clients. This includes planning, creating, and publishing content across a variety of social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and TikTok. Your goal will be to build brand awareness, social media following, and community engagement for SASSO and our clients. You should feel comfortable creating content and engaging on social platforms in the style of each of your clients’ voice and tone. Your daily tasks will include social media and reputation monitoring as well as responding to comments and messages across brand pages. You will be expected to take ownership of social media performance, analyzing social media data and ROI, and adjusting tactics as needed to fulfill client goals. You should be adept at using social media content planning tools as well as social media platforms for business, specifically Facebook Business Manager. You will be expected to create new brand social media pages from scratch across a variety of platforms and commit to growing page following. You should feel comfortable devising and implementing tactics for both organic and paid social media content. You will also lead influencer and blogger strategy and outreach for our clients’ brands, maintaining relationships with key figures and establishing and managing partnerships as needed.
As part of a full-service marketing agency, you will be expected to work collaboratively in a team setting as well as individually to meet deadlines and produce high-quality work that is engaging.
SASSO promotes an environment where our all of our employees are continually learning and staying up-to-date on the latest marketing trends and techniques in order to provide the best work for our clients. Continuing education is key to the Social Media Specialist position to stay on top of new industry trends, social media platform updates, as well as methods of tracking social media performance and ROI for our SASSO and our clients.
- Competitive salary
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave
- Flexible schedule
- Continuing education
- Team building events
- Annual retreat
- Flexible lunch schedule
- Casual dress code
- Room for growth within the agency services
- Amazing work environment
- Healthcare Benefits including Dental & Vision
- 3+ years of experience in social media marketing; agency experience preferred
- Superior knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and TikTok
- Experience managing business social media accounts, especially utilizing Facebook Business Manager
- Proven track record of successful social media campaigns and great engagement
- Experience running paid social media ads through Facebook Ads Manager and other social media platforms
- Experience analyzing social media data and adjusting tactics to improve performance
- Proven experience growing social media accounts on a variety of platforms preferred
- Experience with Social Media Listening, Reputation Monitoring, and Community Engagement for brand pages
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office platforms
- Knowledge of Google Suite, including utilizing Google My Business and Google Analytics to ensure performance goals
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro (strongly preferred)
- Email marketing experience (is a plus)
- Blog content planning and implementation (is a plus
- Strong strategic, analytical, creative, organizational, and personal skills
- Commitment to working in a team-based environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under tight timelines while maintaining attention to detail
- A positive and proactive attitude, with the ability to use initiative
- Resilience, to enable you to deal with problems and constructive criticism
- Technologically savvy and up-to-date in all of the latest trends in your area of expertise
- Committed to continuing education in your field of expertise
- Ability to travel, if/when necessary (although very minimal, if at all)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or mass communications is preferred but not
:: ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES (Main Responsibilities)
- Develop social media strategies for our brand and the brands of our clients, including social approach, goals and objectives, competitive audits, content plans, and timelines.
- Plan, create, and publish content across a variety of social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and TikTok, following a regular schedule.
- Use social media content planning tools to develop social media content calendars for clients and efficiently organize/publish posts across all social media platforms.
- Adhere to client feedback to edit posts as needed and ensure all content is approved by clients before publishing.
- Use proven tactics to increase brand awareness, social media following, and community engagement for SASSO and our clients.
- Create content and respond to customer comments and messages using the tone of voice specific to each client’s brand.
- Use 3rd party platforms to conduct Social Media Listening and Reputation Monitoring, responding to brand mentions as necessary or conveying questions/needs to clients to address.
- Analyze social media performance, including key metrics and ROI, and adjust social media tactics as needed to fulfill client goals defined in each social media strategy.
- Have a good understanding of building social media campaigns/plans to perform well for website engagement and leads through utilizing Google Analytics and unique UTM’s to track performance.
- Manage access to brand pages, including managing permissions in Facebook Business Manager and securely keeping track of brand account logins.
- Create and build brand social media pages from scratch, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, TikTok, and Google My Business.
- Audit existing social media pages to pinpoint areas for improvement and implement changes.
- Plan, create, and implement paid social media campaigns as needed, including boosted posts and ads.
- Develop and implement a process for engaging organic social media content (images and videos for Stories, Reels, etc.) to be fulfilled by the Social Media Specialist and interns.
- Lead influencer and blogger strategy and outreach for our clients’ brands. Identify influencers in key spaces for client and campaign needs. Maintain relationships with influencers and manage partnerships as needed.
- For clients and often in collaboration with influencers, plan and implement social media giveaways to increase brand engagement and followings.
- Establish user-generated content strategies as needed for clients and implement to drive brand engagement and growth.
- Plan blog strategy for clients as needed and help implement with the support of the creative team.
- Create or improve client social media guidelines, policies, etc. as needed.
- Clearly communicate creative needs with in-depth direction to design and copy teams utilizing our project management program.
- Stay up-to-date with social media platform updates, industry trends, and pursue programs for continuing education.
- Support other areas of the creative team as needed to help proof a variety of content to ensure clean final client versions.
- Take ownership of social media strategy and management for SASSO and our clients.
- Be a source for new information and updates regarding social media platforms and trends.
- Perform tasks and create social media content quickly without sacrificing quality. Proof all content to ensure no errors are present.
- Strategically consider feedback and edit content as needed to comply with requests from clients and leadership.
- Serve as a voice of our brand and the brands of our clients across social media channels, aptly responding to requests and engaging with customers and influencers as needed.
- Be a source for creative thinking as well as analytical thinking to develop eye-catching social media content and campaigns and adjust as needed to improve performance.
- The role requires flexibility and ability to navigate ambiguity and deadlines under pressure and conflicting requests.
- Be solutions driven and forward-thinking